Reflections Art Program
Heroes Around Me
- Entries are due October 12, 2018.
- Click here to email your submission to Julie Masone.
Each year hundreds of thousands of students in preschool through grade 12 create and submit original works in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts. Students may participate in the national awards program through their school's PTA. The 2018-2019 theme Heroes Around Me will spark imagination and creativity in school and at home. Encourage your school to imagine, create and celebrate with Reflections during National Arts & Humanities Month this October.
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTA's, where they are first recognized and judged. School PTA's then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which are then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round.