What Is the Science Olympiad All About?
The Science Olympiad tournaments are rigorous academic interscholastic competitions that consist of a series of individual and team events which students prepare for during the year. The competitions follow the format of popular board games, TV shows and athletic games.
These challenging and motivational events are balanced between the various science disciplines of biology, earth science, chemistry, physics, computers and technology. They require knowledge of science facts, concepts, processes, skills and science applications. In addition, during the day there are open house activities that consist of science and mathematics demonstrations, activities and career counseling sessions conducted by professors and scientists at the host institution.
For more information, see Mr. Evola in room 504.
Team History & Awards
|Year||Churchill Invitational||Ladera Vista Invitational||Muscatel Invitational||Mesa Robles Invitational||Mira Loma Invitational||Oragne County Regional||Southern California State Championship|
2019 Team Schedule
- October 27, 2018: UT Austin (Texas)
- December 1, 2018: Churchill (B) NorCal
- December 15, 2018: Ladera Vista (B) SoCal
- January 12, 2019: Mira Loma (B & C) NorCal, Carmel Valley (B&C)
- January 19, 2019: Mesa Robles (B) SoCal
- January 26, 2019: Kraemer
- February 9, 2019: Orange County Regional Championship
- California State Championships TBA